The RAD Team
Linda Murphy, MEd, MA
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
The Relationship and Divorce Counseling Center’s founder Linda Murphy has had a career grounded in her ability to connect with people of all ages and backgrounds. Prior to becoming a counselor, she was a middle school teacher, working with challenging students who were held back in their education. Her ability to see past each student’s defensive layers was critical to her successful connection with her students. Helping students envision a positive future inspired Linda to pivot to a career in mental health counseling.
Linda is passionate about relationship and divorce counseling. She invites clients to envision a brighter future even when circumstances appear bleak and contentious. Linda has herself experienced the heartbreak of divorce and the challenges of being a single mother. She knows how it feels to be overwhelmed and scared. Linda founded the RAD Counseling Center to help others through difficult relationship transitions by providing guidance and a roadmap for the journey.
- Master of Arts, Counselor Education, Concentration in Clinical Mental Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Master of Education, Educational Leadership, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Bachelor of Science, Public Relations, Concentration in Education, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Linda’s Advanced Training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy 4 Day Bootcamp – Daniel J Morgan, Kelly G. Wilson, Steven C. Hayes, Robyn D. Walser, Mathew Boone, Timothy Gordon, Emily Sandoz, and Tom Szabo
- Attachment in Couples – Dan Siegel
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling Level 1: Bridging the Couple Chasm – Chris Cambas and Bill Bumberry.
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling Level 2: Assessment, Intervention, and Co-
Morbities– Bill Bumberry and Kimberly Panganiban.
- 4-Day Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy – Sue Johnson and Michael Barnett
- Healing Broken Bonds: Emotionally Focused Therapy and Restoring Relational Betrayals – James Furrow, PhD
The Relationship and Divorce Counseling Center uses an integrated approach that combines:
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Exposure Response Prevention
The Gottman Method
Emotionally Focused Therapy